Why should Avocado become part of your diet
+ Recipe for a healthy sweet
In these days, avocado is easy to buy fruit in almost every grocery store, however, it still trying to findits popularity in many cuisines. But this fruit (yes, fruit) can help you to be in good health and most importantly to maintain a slim figure. Why?
So, let’s start with what you are most interested in and what is usually the biggest scarecrow:
1. It is a healthy fat that allows you to lose weight
Fats today have a fairly bad reputation, but the fact is that we absolutely need healthy ones for life. Avocados contain unsaturated fatty acids – especially oleic acid, which is the main component of olive oil.
Enough theory, so we should eat avocado and why it’s good for us? First and foremost, it REDUCES the content of cholesterol in your blood vessels, has an anti-inflammatory effect and contains a large amount of fiber. It has a low glycemic index and thus ensures a long feeling of satiety and it makes sure that food is not stored in fat cells. Significantly speeds up metabolism and that helps to burn calories better. Isn’t that beautiful?
2. It contains a lot of nutrients and vitamins
– vitamin K, folic acid, vitamin C, potassium (more than bananas!), vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorus, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2) and niacin (B3), lutein
but excluding own beneficial substances:
3. Helps absorb nutrients from other plant foods
Because some nutrients are fat-soluble, they need to be combined with fat to be used by the body. Thanks to the avocado, you will receive significantly more antioxidants from vegetables.
4. You will have healthy eyes
The lutein contained in avocados significantly reduces the risk of cataracts and degenerative changes in the retina.
5. It brightens your skin
Thanks to the amount of vitamins and minerals, it is one of the best foods for healthy and radiant skin. By consuming it, you will ensure young-looking skin without inflammation. And what’s the best thing about it? It’s also a great face mask!
6. It starts up your brain
Thanks to the potassium, it gives you energy, helps to improve brain activity and reduces stress.
7. It has a great taste and consistency
Its delicate taste and light consistency predestine it for quick and easy preparation of many dishes. And what’s great that thanks to its resemblance to a banana, children will also like to eat this healthy fruit!
I feel that I could write 100 more benefits about avocado but I prefer to add a pleasant and easy recipe, because trying them is more powerful than reading the theory. And we will enjoy it even more. Sounds good?
FANTASTIC CHOCO-AVOCADE FOAM
Great dessert, and without remorse
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 whole avocado
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (sugar free)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon ground coconut
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- Mix all ingredients well until smooth.
- If the consistency seems too thick, you can soften it with 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Fill the foam into bowls or cups and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Finally, you can sprinkle the chilled musk with chopped nuts, almonds or small fruits.